Now accepting applications for young professional committee members!
Read more and apply below.
The Membership Committee focuses on two primary purposes: developing and expanding the membership component of the YP organization, and the recruitment and onboarding process of the members of the board. These efforts help to expand the network of the Family Houston Young Professionals organization and thus its influence.
- Craft the Family Houston Young Professionals Mission and Vision Statements
- Research and evaluate successful membership models including benefits and membership fees
- Develop a membership proposal for the board to consider and implement
- Manage the annual board and membership recruitment campaign as well as application submitted on a rolling basis
The Professionals Committee goal is to create engaging opportunities for networking and professional development for members and event attendees.
- Continuing and elaborating upon the YP Facebook live series
- Collaborating with other Young Professionals groups and organizations
- Leveraging BOD knowledge to highlight professional development and public service
- Establishing new and creative ways to engage Young Professionals, including but not limited to a routine spotlight/highlight/award.
The Fundraising Committee is responsible for developing and executing events or initiatives to raise funds in an effort to reach the Family Houston Young Professionals annual fundraising goal.
- Works closely with the development department to coordinate fundraising initiatives for the YP Board
- Plan and host events that help to raise funds for the organization from YP supporters
- Develop a Facebook birthday/personal fundraiser instructional plan to help supporters contribute effectively
- Work with local businesses to establish partnerships and sponsorships for YP events including “shopping” fundraisers, i.e. Kendra Scott
Expectations & Requirements
- Minimum six month commitment
- Attend monthly committee meetings as scheduled
- Attend scheduled events and programs by committee
- Support growth and activity of committee including recruiting attendees and sharing events with friends.
- Build and develop professional skills
- Grow your personal and professional network
- Gain valuable experience in events and teamwork
- Contribute your time and talents in an a fulfilling way